January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month. (We’ll have some awesome opportunity’s to be involved through Exodus Road and upcoming guest posts by university students who attended Passion 2013.)
Today, Global Team of 200 shares UNICEF’s End Trafficking Project.
An estimated 5.5 million children are victims of trafficking, an illegal enterprise that generates an estimated $32 billion in yearly profits.
Did you know? Human trafficking cases have been reported in every state in the United States. Rates are particularly high in California, Texas, Florida, and New York.
BELIEVE in ZERO exploited children. I don’t think our minds can truly understand what these children endure. We have a responsibility to get involved and speak for those that can’t speak for themselves.
- Visit the UNICEF End Trafficking Website.
- Download a toolkit with 20 practical ideas for ending trafficking.
- Download Educator Resources.
- Visit Fair Trade USA. Every product matters in sparing children from trafficking and unfair labor practices.
- Visit the Polaris Project For a World without Slavery.
- Visit the International Justice Mission, a human rights organization.
- Visit Exodus Road, About Proximity is part of their Blogging Team.
- Visit EndIt Shine a Light on Slavery.
Watch the new documentary film Not My Life