Oh, the deals and Christmas shopping fun!
This Christmas season be a part of a new initiative #Giving Tuesday!
The goal is for #Giving Tuesday to become an important date during the holiday season, placing giving alongside consuming!
Giving Tuesday is a CALL TO ACTION!
The launch date is Tuesday, November 27, 2012. How exciting that we can be a part of this movement.
How can you be involved?
- Visit #Giving Tuesday Website
- Follow the #Giving Tuesday pinterest quote board.
- Like on Facebook ‐ www.facebook.com/GivingTuesday
- Follow Twitter @GivingTues or and use the #GivingTuesday hashtag
- Are you a business owner? Donate a portion of sales to a charity on #GivingTuesday. Encourage your employer to participate!
- Share your favorite giving quote or image Tumblr
- SPREAD THE WORD!
How can your family be involved?
- On #Giving Tuesday help a global family by choosing a gift from a global gift catalog. (More ideas on Thurs and Fri here!)
- Choose a Sports Gift.
- Gather a donation to a charity your family supports.
- Sometimes monetary funds are not at hand… you can still be involved in #Giving Tuesday. Bake a batch of cookies to deliver, visit a shut in, make artwork for someone in need of cheering up, make a list of all the ways your family hopes to give over the holidays!
- More Family Giving Ideas on their website!
I think this is a wonderful way to start the holiday season as a community united!